Saturday, May 4, 2013

How I Adapted to Wearing Flip Flops

I am one of those people who could not stand the feeling of something between my toes! It was like torture!Now that I live in Texas, in the summer's heat and humidity you just cannot stand to wear socks and full shoes. Everyone here wears flip flops, even many men! Even wearing sneakers to exercise in is a torture. I have been barefoot more in the last eighteen months than in my entire life. However you cannot walk on the pool deck in bare feet without burning them, so you need flip flops at poolside. Also the grass here is just awful and stabs and jabs at your feet, besides the even larger issue of the fire ants that attack you when you accidentally step on their tunnels!The next best thing to being barefooted is wearing sandals. It is most comfortable to wear sandals that you can easily toss off so you can put your feet up on an ottoman or tuck them under you on a sofa or while you sit on your bed. Hence, the flip flop.At first I tried getting sandals without the toe thing, but options are limited. They usually have a strap around the back of the heel which can sometimes be painful with chafing and cause blisters. You don't know this about them until it is too late to return them for a refund. They are also not convenient for flipping off your feet in a split second. I finally figured out how to deal with it. I buy my flip flops either one half size up or a full size up. This usually leaves some room so that toe thing does not press and compress on the skin. Sometimes a certain brand will be just too darned tight at the toe so I scratch that flip flop off the list. I also figured out that those ugly black foam flip flops are the most comfortable things ever. They mold to your sole over time so that they wind up providing a good arch support, which many fancy flat sandals do not provide. I shop for my flip flops in person so I can try them on and see which are actually wearable. For dressy occasions, sandals or fancy flip flops are socially acceptable here. I have seen flip flops for up to $175, if you can believe it. There are some seriously fancy ones for sale. My husband asked, "Since when did the flip flop turn into a legitimate shoe?" I don't know, but it has, and there is no turning back, at least for Southerners. We can't live without them. copyright 2005-2009 The Thinking Mother
Source:http://thethinkingmother.blogspot.com/2013/04/how-i-adapted-to-wearing-flip-flops.html

How I Adapted to Wearing Flip Flops Images

obama superpac flip flops romney superpac flip flops available with a ...
(1024 x 680 - 252.12 KB - jpeg)

File:Person wearing black flip flops.jpg - Wikipedia, the free ...
(1704 x 1389 - 564.88 KB - jpeg)

When to wear flip-flops? | Stylist Advice |...
(280 x 545 - 155.63 KB - jpeg)

ve never been able to wear flip flops until this year they ve always ...
(475 x 347 - 41.22 KB - jpeg)

No comments:

Post a Comment