Thursday, May 9, 2013

The World Has Lost it's Matriarch - R.I.P. Jeanne Cooper

Jeanne Cooper aka "Katherine Chancellor"Well, that's certainly how it feels. Our beloved Jeanne passed away early this morning with her daughter, Caren  by her side. According to her son, Corbin, she went peacefully in her sleep.I received an early birthday gift from Mom and Dad - Jeanne's book, "Not Young, Still Restless". I am halfway through it and I can hear Ms. Cooper herself, reading it to me. I can't wait to finish it. So far, it's an incredible memoir.I again want to thank Corbin Bernsen for keeping us so involved in his family's very personal and painful journey. They have been in my thoughts for weeks, now it's with a very heavy heart.Mr. Bernsen made us feel like a part of his family. The only difference is we weren't waiting for the phone to ring - we were waiting for our computers to beep.Corbin and Collin giving Mom a kiss after her Emmy winAs soothing as Corbin found it to write to us - it was just as soothing to us, or me anyway to read what he had to say.I saw magical things happen, like the prayer circle for Jeanne on Facebook that I became a part of. People from all over the world were posting prayers and becoming friends themselves all because of the love we share for Ms. Cooper. It was a place we could go to post photos and thoughts.The Young and the Restless where Jeanne portrayed Katherine for forty years will never be the same. It will still be the same drama and entertainment as it always has been - with a huge void that no one could fill. Speaking of which, I sincerely hope the powers that be at the Young and the Restless, please DO NOT recast the role of Katherine. Jeanne was Katherine, that's it - her character and her role!Caren, Mama Cooper and CorbinIt's pretty awesome how some one whom I have never met has had this kind of an impact on me and my family. My parents are also fans of Jeanne and the Young and the Restless and when I told them what was happening with Ms. Cooper - it was as if we were talking about someone in our own family. That's the kind of energy and love that came off of Jeanne. You can't fake that. Michelle Stafford said it best when she used the hashtag on twitter #originalbadass yes, Jeanne was that and a whole lot more.I am going to finish reading Not Young, Still Restless and I will still hear her voice when I read the words. I will find comfort from the woman herself, in her own words.Rest in Peace our Beautiful "Duchess"just my point of view... :o(
Source:http://ahousewifespointofview.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-world-has-lost-its-matriarch-rip.html

The World Has Lost it's Matriarch - R.I.P. Jeanne Cooper Images

Day In "The Life Of Riley" - Blog - "LOVE, AMERICAN STYLE!"
(200 x 252 - 35.56 KB - jpeg)

Day In "The Life Of Riley" - Blog
(240 x 180 - 28.44 KB - jpeg)

Compiled by Norton and Fay Brewer: Spring 1987 Revised-June, 2004-by ...
(482 x 325 - 281.89 KB - jpeg)

No comments:

Post a Comment